Sunday 24 January 2010

Challenging Yourself

With it being the start (a bit late I know) of the new year I wanted to bring your attention to a post from 23rd August 2009 (wow, time flies). I discussed goals and ambition, and as with every prediction; some has changed, some is scarily close to the truth and most is cringeworthy.

http://toheadspace.blogspot.com/2009/08/today-in-football-training-i-attempted.html

Of the short term targets I have already achieved one and well on course for the other three. I have, however, noted the time scale for the medium and long need to be extended greatly, its a marathon not a sprint. Trying to achieve everything too quickly is a sure fire way to achieve nothing, good things come to those who wait, apparently.

So here are my updated targets, just for 2010:

  • Get a place on a Graduate Scheme
  • 5 Goals at the end of the season for D&C Athletic
  • Rent my first home
  • Visit a city I have never been before
  • See the Atlanta Falcons play
As you can see they aren't unreasonable but still quite testing and will require me to work hard to attain. Thats what all goals should be. For me, 2010 is a consolidation year. A year for me to continue to develop and build who I am so I can achieve more in the future.

You have to build the foundation before the house.

TO

No comments:

Post a Comment