Sunday 23 August 2009

Nothing is Predestined

Today, In football training, I attempted a very audacious shot and failed miserably. But I felt no shame. As I turned to meet the mocking cheers, I said to my friend Atem (http://theatembomb.blogspot.com) "If you don't attempt greatness, you won't achieve greatness".

At the time it was just a decorated way of saying "it was worth a go". However, when I got home and started to day dream the words seemed to resonate (so much so i'm thinking of getting it in welsh as my 21st tattoo).

As with a lot of people I know, I talk a very good game.

This is necessary but not sufficient. You have to deliver. The words resonate that anyone can talk about greatness but it's all about the 'attempt'. For many years i've said it's not my time, i'm waiting for the next stage of my life...well it's coming.

I've always viewed from the end of university to my 30th birthday to be when I have to make things happen, and i will. To ensure this happens I decided to sit down today and publish my short, medium and long term goals. After all there's no motivation like potential public humiliation.

Short (<1year)
  • Score 3 goals and win 3 M.O.M's for D&C AFC this year.
  • Earn a 2:1 Economics degree.
  • Have my second published article.
  • Earn a place on a graduate scheme.

Medium (1year-5years)
  • Watch the Atlanta Falcons play in person.
  • Watch LeBron James play in person.
  • Watch Usain Bolt sprint in person.
  • Have an article published in a National Newspaper or article.
  • Buy my first property.

Long (5years+)
  • Earn my first $1,000,000 paycheck.
  • Write a novel.
  • Appear in a film.
  • Own a majority share in mutli-million dollar company

Many of you may think these are unreachable, but I would say to you "don't hate, dont underestimate".

:$

TO

4 comments:

  1. Nothing is unreachable life doesn't give you limits so why should people? If you don't try you will never know so I say go for it, every one can talk a good game but when it matters if you deliver no body can ever hate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...unless your 50 cent haha

    TO

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^^ Ha that made me laugh! :)
    Good luck with your goals, hope you achieve them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tom my world came crashing down today when I saw Ian Poulter get your and you're mixed up. Now I feel even more lost in the world

    ReplyDelete