Tuesday 18 August 2009

Self Actualization


At the pub the other night, my friends and I were discussing first impressions. We came onto the topic of the fact that in every job I have ever had people have told me that when I first joined they thought I was a kn*b, but after a while they decided I was a really good guy. This has been repeated me hundreds of times, and my friends were in agreement.

After thinking about it for a while we came to the conclusion that the way I react to unfamiliar situations, such as a new workplace, I act ultra confident and the opposite of how many believe I would/should act. They believe me to be very arrogant (which is true anyway!) for doing so and therefore dislike my confidence and easy with which I deal with usually unforgiving circumstances.

However, once these people get to know me, they learn that while I am confident and outgoing, I am genuine and at the end of the day a nice guy.

People don't like to be challenged and don't like someone to look comfortable so easily. However, that is me and I won't change for anyone. If anything I'll challenge these people more because they need it. I won't do anything unless i'm trying my best, and I won't stop until I reach my best.

:)

TO

1 comment:

  1. Yes why do you think i left you for so many years

    From Your Plastic Dad

    ReplyDelete