Wednesday 1 April 2009

The Day After Tomorrow...

Even the most confident can be fearful of the ever approaching summer. As someone that often doesn't care what others make of my misdemeanors, ironically this also true of myself. The thought of going away or even going to the park terrifies the very soul of an average 20 year old like me.

Now, I consider myself to be in pretty good shape fitness wise despite a list of injuries as long as Schindler's List. I play football competitively twice a week and work out and jog another once a week. (I should state that the time between these occurrences is spent whelping in pain, aching to my very core). The problem being I also treat myself a lot and alcohol is NOT calorie free. Call me a work in progress... i will be undergoing a strict regime with my personal trainer ('Dick') and mixing exercise and health foods with not eating, cocaine and forcibly vomiting like the 'pros' do it (thanks for the tips Naomi Campbell).

This still doesn't change the fact that when you visit the park or the beach there are numerous lads there playing football in skins who haven't yet found the joy of Amber Nectar and there are the Dad's who don't care what they look like. But for the average 20 year old, you are at that age where you are stuck in the middle, you care but you have to work HARD to stay in shape!

I guess my point is...the time has come to start training for those summer months, start earlier, switch that Beer for a spirit and diet mixer (less calories :D), start walking short journeys and grab the shopping for your mum/missus.

Slow and steady wins the race...unless its a sprint...but its not...if you start now.

TO

2 comments:

  1. I dread the summer too!! not enogh to give up alcohol tho....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i never said give up!

    i merely suggested little changes such as switching what you drink!

    TO

    ReplyDelete