Tuesday 14 April 2009

Dating+TO=Stress


What is the most stressful experience in life?

Some suggest moving house, some say a first pregnancy and others propagate that the first day of a new job is height of the adrenaline production process named stress.

I have discovered recently that I am a lot more laissez-faire that I first realised. I have learned to let things go, and move on. Nevertheless, there are 3 occasions that still managed to get me out of my comfort zone. The first being any occasion I talk to a family member. I don't know what it is but im programmed to get extremely irate and very quickly when forced to converse with any family member. This happens so often its not worth considersation. The second occasion is shopping, especially supermarkets (i have already written about this - http://toheadspace.blogspot.com/2009/03/supermarket-sweep.html). This leads me to discuss my final Kryptonite...Dating.

Having been in two long term relationships my experience of dating isn't as vast as some, however it is enough to know that its not as fun as should be. To me, dating appears to be an endless list of questions until you feel comfortable enough to not care for the answer. Heres a sample:

  • Where should I take her?
  • What should I wear?
  • What do I say?
  • How can I impress?
  • What if I don't like her and she likes me?
  • What if i get aroused?
Okay so the last one is silly (we all know what should happen) but the rest are valid and only seem to bare more and more questions until one ends up questioning the fact one is questioning. As highlighted in previous posts, Women don't make it easy. They don't even hint towards answering any of these questions swirling around the brain. In fact, I think some sadist part of the female psyche really enjoys seeing men squirm. Actually, make that i'm certain they enjoy it.

I guess this is why men seem to prosper more when they seem to not care about the outcome at all. Is this the key? Is the "treat em' mean keep em' keen" addage true? Who knows. I do know that it can't be faked. Those that find themselves in the situation above could never put themselves in a situation where the outcome didnt concern them.

So there's no cure for me. No easy road. I'm going to have to worrying myself until i worry about worrying. Just need to find a date now...wow...thats another story for another day.

TO

4 comments:

  1. So, at the point of stressing you out... ;)
    Before you get a date you need to sort out your blogging. Here is 3 starter tips:

    1) It's "bear" not "bare" (again)
    2) It's "adage" not "addage"
    3) I don't think you used "laissez-faire" in the right context in that sentence. It doesn't mean laid back / forgiving, rather, it suggests that you are characterised by non-interference from a governing regulator or typically do not interfere in the affairs of others. So if you meant.

    Otherwise, not bad.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also excused from typos in the comment section

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. When in Rome...........

    ReplyDelete
  4. would anonymous like to share who they are???

    :)

    TO

    ReplyDelete