Sunday 7 June 2009

Film Review: Star Trek


Tonight, my friends and I visited our local cineplex to watch a film. Now those of you that know us will know that out of the group of four, I love nearly all types of cinema, Gareth hates all types of cinema, Adam loves comedies but any other genre has to create an epic film to satisfy him and PJ watches Hannah Montana, enough said.

So as you can tell I often struggle when confronted with a movie going trip with these guys...after much delibration (and persuation) we settled on Star Trek above Terminator 4 and *sighs* 12 Rounds.

Here is the laymans review with scores out of 10 from the group:



My personal review of the film would contain the words...i hope that Russian 'actor' never works again. Other than that I enjoyed the film even if it was a little long. J.J Abrams left his mark with unbelievable CGI effects and fast paced plot lines. The first Hollywood film I have watched in a while that required some brain activity to process, which was surprisingly pleasant. While a lot seems to happen, at the same time with it being carried out in space at warp speed one can't help be left feeling like it hasn't.

I'd give this film an 8.8/10

I have to say that I'm probably being harsh in my assessment due to the unachieveable heights I was raised to by the Transformers 2 trailer that graced the advertisement section that made me scream with excitement in a packed out cinema....*sighs again* theres nowhere but dissapointed for me to go with that film.

Oh and the night wouldnt have been complete without Adam creating his own creature that consists of Wolverines physique, John Cenas hand waving, Spocks 'V' and Transformers movement:



Please comment with your views!

:)

TO

4 comments:

  1. towen I hate you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you going to insult at least have the respect/bravery to state your name and/or reasons why!

    Oh and I know you are from NFLUK, so get a grip!

    :)

    TO

    ReplyDelete
  3. TO,

    Who is this maniac cyberbully who says he hates you? I don't know about you, but I think there are more important things to hate, like famine, and stuff like that.

    Don't be put off. Chin up, balls out etc.

    Nobby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take more than that Nobby my friend!

    TO

    ReplyDelete