Monday 8 June 2009

Film Review: Terminator Salvation


If you couldn't tell, my life has currently been reduced to absolute boredom and trips to the cinema with male friends...not even female friends let alone dates.

Nevertheless, as a film geek I am enjoying myself and this was a film I had been looking forward to for some time. I have to admit i was left slightly disappointed. The films clearly aimed at a much younger audience with very little blood, no swearing and you can't help but feel maybe they were thinking about gaming console sales when discussing plot lines.

That being said, the action is relentless and some of the effects are awesome. The idea could have been expanded but I feel they kept it simple for a younger, Hollywood era audience.

My review would give this film a rating of 6.5/10. Plenty of unfulfilled potential.

Oh and I mentioned I did indeed get very over excited at the Transformers 2 trailer.......again.

:)

TO

4 comments:

  1. TO,

    Disappointed to hear that this film did not live up to your expectations. I have not seen it yet but I can hardly imagine that it would be as good as The Terminator, and T2: Judgement Day (I just couldn't get into T3, the terminator being so beautiful just didn't work for me!).

    As i said I have not seen Salvation yet, and although at my age people may call me childish for wanting to see it at all, the Terminator brand just keeps dragging me in.

    Having said that, the people I work with at the Royal College of Supernatural Homolopial Beings are quite boring and would rather read 18th Century poems than watch a good film.

    Felix
    x

    P.S. Good call on the Transformers 2 trailer, it looks spiffingly good. (I am such a big child!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CHRISTIAN BALE IS FIT

    ReplyDelete
  3. And he is Welsh....common theme?

    :P

    TO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Young and voluptuous Catherine Jenkins is welsh as well

    ReplyDelete